How to Play Roulette
July 18, 2019
Roulette is one of those classic casino games which can be found at every casino available, whether it is a brick and mortar casino or online casino. Although Roulette has been around since the 18th century, there are people who believe that in the 17the century, Blaise Pascal introduced an unrefined version of Roulette!
Let's explore this fascinating game of chance called Roulette, whether you want to learn how to play roulette, just seeking extra Roulette Tips or you just want to play roulette for fun! An interesting fact about this exciting game, the name Roulette is French for “Small Wheel”
Know the Basics before you Play Roulette
For those who don't know, Roulette consists of a wheel (Roulette Wheel) featuring black and red slots, numbered from 1 to 36, then you will find either 1 or 2 green slots with the number zero on them, the number of green slots depends on what type of Roulette you are playing, either American Roulette or European Roulette. Then you will find the rest of the Roulette Table, printed with the same numbers, as well as other additional features needed to place bets!
Different Betting Types for Roulette
In Roulette you will find that there are 2 types of betting options, an inside betting option and an outside betting option, let's explore these options:
- Straight/Single Bet: Single number bet – roulette odds 36:1
- Split Bet: Bet on two numbers at the same time by putting your chips on the line between the numbers – roulette odds 17:1
- Street Bet: The arrangement on the Roulette Table allows for 12 rows of 3 numbers across, to place a bet on the whole row is a street bet – roulette odds 12:1
- Double Street Bet: To bet on 6 continuous numbers forming 2 lines – roulette odds 5:1
- Trio: Place a bet on 3 numbers but 1 or more numbers must be 0 – roulette odds 11:1
- First Four: Bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3 together – roulette odds 8:1
- Low/High Bet: One of the easiest ways to make a bet, you decide beforehand if you think the winning number will be low (1-18) or high (19-36) – roulette odds 2:1
- Red/Black Bet: Also, an easy bet option, you decide to choose between red or black of the winning number – roulette odds 2:1
- Even/Odd Bet: With this betting option you can choose on even or odd numbers, zero's in this regard counts as a loss!
- Dozen Bet: Betting in dozens, a number ranging as follows, 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36 – roulette odds 3:1
- Column Bet: Bet on the columns, the first, second or the third column – roulette odds 3:1
- Snake: Bet on these 12 numbers together, 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34 – roulette odds 2:1
Different Types of Roulette
Most Roulette Tables available today is the American Roulette Tables and the European Roulette Tables. These Roulette tables are quite popular in North America as well as most online casinos. Versions of Roulette available at online casinos are Video Roulette, Virtual Roulette and Live Roulette. Most online betting sites are featuring live casino options and mobile casino options.
Knowing the different types of Roulette is important as it affects the Roulette Odds as well as the house edge.
Let’s explore the different types of Roulette:
- American Roulette: With American Roulette, you will find that the Roulette Wheel consists of 38 numbers, a 0 and 00. These to zero number spaces are called the house-friendly numbers with even-money bets.
- European Roulette: In European Roulette, the Roulette Wheel consists of the numbers 1 – 37 and one single space with the number 0. Not having the extra 0 gives players better odds.
- French Roulette/Standard Roulette: Although European Roulette is the better option compared to American Roulette, French Roulette is found to be even more exciting! In French Roulette, the European Roulette Wheel is being used, but with this version, a la partage rule is featured. What this means, players will receive half-back with losses on even-money bets landing on 0.
- Las Vegas Roulette: The only difference is the odds are much higher playing at an online casino than Las Vegas Roulette or any brick and mortar Casino Roulette.
This exciting game of chance that is loved by most, despite the appearances of the whole Roulette Table, could not be easier, and Roulette Rules are just as easy and extremely simple to master in just a short period of time.
Playing Roulette (standard Roulette in this regard), all you need to do, simply place your chips on the Roulette Table according to your wagering requirements, the dealer will spin the Roulette Wheel with the ball going in the opposite direction. Once the Roulette Wheel slows down, it will settle in one of the numbered pockets, once the ball settled, you will be the winner if the number on which the ball has landed, matches with your wagering requirement.
If the round was unsuccessful, wager again and try your luck with another round of fun!
How do you play Roulette?
So, let's get to business, how do you play Roulette? Let's look at the general information players must know before hitting the Roulette Table.
- When you play Roulette, the dealer is called a croupier.
- Roulette chips are different from normal casino chips and each player's chips are in a different colour for the croupier to know who placed which bet to pay winnings accordingly.
- Roulette chips can be found in different monetary values!
- Once players placed their bets, the croupier will ask which denomination the player's chips must be designated to.
- The croupier will place the chips accordingly.
- The croupier will spin the Roulette Wheel and release the ball.
- The Roulette Wheel will start slowing down and the ball will fall in its destination for the round.
- The croupier will announce the winner and pay accordingly.
- After the table is cleared by the croupier, the next round can begin.
It’s not rocket science to be a Roulette player, in this article you will find all the relevant information you need to start playing Roulette.
Before starting with any type of betting, make sure that you always take responsible gambling seriously!