Online Video Poker Variants
There are different variants when it comes to video poker, you will be happy to know that these variants will be all you need when playing Video Poker. We would like to take the time to tell you a little about each variant that NetEnt has to offer in the Online Video Poker category:
- All American Double Up: Available in various handed versions (1, 5, 10 and 25). All American Double up is a one player game which allows you to experience high payouts and speedy gameplay. Betting levels and hands are allowed to be adjusted to your choice, the paytable is displayed above the game as you play, this gives you more insight as to which are the hands players should aim to get. You are also allowed to adjust sound, fast play, game history or whether or not you want to enable or disable the double up feature. An extra bonus in the game is a feature that allows you to guess the card colour of the next card.
More Online Video Poker Variants with NetEnt
- Deuces Wild Double Up: Also available in 1, 5, 10 and 25 hand versions, Deuces Wild Double Up includes wild replacements and the extra feature of choosing the colour of your next card. All the same settings as mentioned above apply.
- Jacks or Better Double Up: This is a standard Video Poker game with no extra bells or whistles, you can double up like all the other games and this can occur up to 5 times and the maximum bet is dependent on the hands chosen.
- Joker Wild Double Up: Also a standard Video Poker game with the option to allow Always Double up or Never Double Up. There are no additional features in the game.
I think the only real differences between the games are colours and styles, except for Deuces Wild which includes Wild Card substitutions. Overall, they are all very alike it just depends what you as a player prefer.
How to Play Video Poker
Video Poker is a sort of combination of Video Slots and Poker. It includes a 5 card draw and is styled in a similar way to Online Slots. The gameplay is simple:
- Choose how many hands you would like to play with
- What level would you like to play on? The higher the level, the higher the payouts, however the higher the risk on your side as well.
- Coin Value – How much are you willing to bet
- Push the play button and choose which cards you would like to hold
- See If your hand has won you anything
- If you are uncertain about the payout you can click on the I button on the left of the screen
Best Video Poker Hands
The best Video Poker hands are as follows:
- Royal Straight flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a kind
- Two Pair
- Jacks or Better
History of Video Poker
In the 1970’s the first ever Video Poker machine was created and throughout the 1980’s the game grew in popularity and started spreading across bars and casinos. As all other casino games, once the internet was a booming industry, Online Casinos began to include Video Poker variants in their game offering.